- 1 How do I add antivirus exceptions?
- 2 How do I add games to my antivirus exception list?
- 3 How do you make Avast stop blocking a file?
- 4 How do I allow a program in Avast?
- 5 How do I add exceptions to McAfee?
- 6 Why can’t I add exclusions?
- 7 How do I allow an app to use antivirus?
- 8 How do I get Windows Defender exclusion?
- 9 Why does Avast block Google Chrome?
- 10 How do I change my Avast firewall settings?
- 11 How do I stop Avast?
- 12 How do I stop Avast from blocking my camera?
- 13 How do I add a trusted site to Avast?
- 14 How do I turn on my Avast firewall?
How do I add antivirus exceptions?
Excepting files and folders from scanning
- Open the Bitdefender interface.
- Access Protection on the left hand side menu.
- In the ANTIVIRUS pane, click Manage Exceptions.
- Click ADD AN EXCEPTION.
- Drag & drop the file/folder you want to exclude inside the search bar, under Exceptions options.
- Click OK.
How do I add games to my antivirus exception list?
Add an exclusion to Windows Security
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions.
- Select Add an exclusion, and then select from files, folders, file types, or process.
How do you make Avast stop blocking a file?
To unblock the program, open Avast and click on “Settings”. Paste the file path in the File path field. Click Add for the antivirus to exclude the program from the protection shields. Turn the Avast shields on after adding the file exclusion.
How do I allow a program in Avast?
To change which Avast features allow an application:
- Hover your cursor over the listed application, then click the … (three dots) icon that appears, and select Change allowed features.
- Tick or untick the Avast features that you want to always allow access for this application, then click Change.
How do I add exceptions to McAfee?
- Open your McAfee security software.
- Click PC Security.
- Click Real-Time Scanning.
- Click Excluded Files.
- Click Add file.
- Browse to, and select, the file that you want to exclude from Real-Time scanning.
- Repeat the process as needed to exclude multiple files from being scanned.
Why can’t I add exclusions?
Go to Settings and select Update & security. Click Windows Defender. Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion. Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.
How do I allow an app to use antivirus?
Select the “Start” button, then type “firewall“. Select the “Windows Defender Firewall” option. Choose the “ Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” option in the left pane.
How do I get Windows Defender exclusion?
How to prevent Windows Defender from scanning specific files
- Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click Virus & threat protection.
- Click the Virus & threat protection option.
- Under ” Exclusions,” click the Add or remove exclusions option.
- Click the Add an exclusion button.
Why does Avast block Google Chrome?
Re: avast keeps blocking google chrome It isn’t blocking chrome, it is blocking access to what is considered a harmful page. Given the my. blueadvertise domain name it appears that it is inserting adverts into your pages that you browse.
How do I change my Avast firewall settings?
Open the Avast user interface and go to Protection ▸ Firewall. Click Application settings at the bottom of the screen. Click New application rule and select a group (vendor).
How do I stop Avast?
Turn Off / Disable Avast Completely or Temporarily
- In you taskbar, on the right-hand side, locate the orange Avast icon (you might have to click the up-arrow to ‘Show hidden icons’
- Right-click on the orange Avast icon one you have located it.
- Hover over ‘ Avast shields control’ on the menu that pops up.
How do I stop Avast from blocking my camera?
Open the Avast user interface and go to Privacy ▸ Webcam Shield. Ensure the feature is enabled. If the feature is disabled, click the red (OFF) slider so that it changes to green (ON). You can adjust Webcam Shield behavior by clicking Settings (the gear icon) in the top-right corner.
How do I add a trusted site to Avast?
How to Add a Trusted Site to Avast
- Open the “Start” menu. Click on “Control Panel,” choose “Network and Internet” and select “Internet Options” on the subsequent menus.
- Select the “Security” tab. Click on the ” Trusted sites ” icon and then press the button labeled ” Sites.” Type the URL of the website you want to add in the text box provided.
How do I turn on my Avast firewall?
Open Avast Antivirus and go to ☰ Menu ▸ Settings. Select Protection in the left panel, then click Firewall. Check that Firewall is enabled (green).