- 1 How do I add exclusions to Avast Antivirus?
- 2 How do I add folders to the antivirus exception list?
- 3 How do I change my Avast settings?
- 4 Where is Avast quarantine folder?
- 5 How do I add a trusted site to Avast?
- 6 How do I bypass Avast?
- 7 How do I get Windows Defender exclusion?
- 8 Where are Windows Defender files located?
- 9 How do I exclude folders in 360 total security?
- 10 Why is my Avast scan so slow?
- 11 How do I set my Avast to auto scan?
- 12 How do I stop Avast from blocking a website?
- 13 What do I do if Avast finds infected files?
- 14 How can I restore my deleted files from Avast Antivirus?
- 15 How do I view quarantined files in Windows Defender?
How do I add exclusions to Avast Antivirus?
Add an exception
- Open Avast Antivirus and go to ☰ Menu ▸ Settings.
- Select General ▸ Exceptions.
- Click Add Exception.
- Add an exception in one of the following ways: Type the specific file path, folder path, or URL into the text box, then click Add Exception.
How do I add folders to the antivirus exception list?
Add an exclusion to Windows Security
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions.
- Select Add an exclusion, and then select from files, folders, file types, or process.
How do I change my Avast settings?
Click the gear icon in the top right corner to open Avast settings. Select General on the left and among the settings is Enable Hardened Mode. This is turned off by default, but clicking the tick provides two options – Moderate and Aggressive.
Where is Avast quarantine folder?
C:ProgramData AVAST Software Avast chest (Vista, Win7, win8. x and later). This is a protected area where it can’t easily be accessed from outside, files are encrypted and renamed to prevent access and running files in the virus chest.
How do I add a trusted site to Avast?
How to Add a Trusted Site to Avast
- Open the “Start” menu. Click on “Control Panel,” choose “Network and Internet” and select “Internet Options” on the subsequent menus.
- Select the “Security” tab. Click on the ” Trusted sites ” icon and then press the button labeled ” Sites.” Type the URL of the website you want to add in the text box provided.
How do I bypass Avast?
To bypass Avast and visit a blocked website, you’ll need to disable the Web Shield module or add the website to your Exclusions list. Some websites can be dangerous, so your computer and data are at risk while the module is disabled.
How do I get Windows Defender exclusion?
How to prevent Windows Defender from scanning specific files
- Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click Virus & threat protection.
- Click the Virus & threat protection option.
- Under ” Exclusions,” click the Add or remove exclusions option.
- Click the Add an exclusion button.
Where are Windows Defender files located?
File location changes
|Affected component||Old location||New location|
|Windows Defender Antivirus drivers||%Windir%System32drivers||%Windir%System32driverswd|
How do I exclude folders in 360 total security?
Add folder exclusion – 360 Total Security
- Open your 360 Total Security software.
- Click on Virus Scan.
- Click on Trust List.
- Select Add Directory.
- Browse for folder C:Program Files (x86)Examsoft and click OK to confirm.
Why is my Avast scan so slow?
Such as, not storing data about scanned files in the persistent cache, if you aren’t populating the persistent cache, then it doesn’t have any data to speed the scan. 2. If using a cleanup tool it could be clearing some avast data files this could impact on the scan if the persistent cache is cleared.
How do I set my Avast to auto scan?
You can schedule a scan on both the free and paid versions of Avast.
- Open the Avast user interface.
- Click “Antivirus.” Click ” Scan Now” if the window does not open by default.
- Click “Create Custom Scan ” in the bottom right corner of the window.
- Click “Scheduling.” Click the box next to “Schedule this scan.”
How do I stop Avast from blocking a website?
Go to the system tray and double-click on the Avast icon.
- Click on Protection.
- Select Core Shields.
- Turn off the Web Shield option.
- Select the duration.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Now the Web Shield has been disabled and Avast will not block any websites.
- You may see there is a warning regarding the Core Shields status.
What do I do if Avast finds infected files?
If Avast 2015 detects an infected or suspicious file, it will try to repair it at first. Unfortunately, some files cannot be repaired so Avast will try to move the file to the Virus Chest. If the infected file refuses to move to the Virus Chest, it will be automatically deleted from your computer.
How can I restore my deleted files from Avast Antivirus?
Solution 2: Run Third-party Data Recovery Software to Recover Avast Deleted Files
- Select the desired data location.
- Let the software scan and find the anti-virus deleted files.
- Recover the anti-virus deleted files.
How do I view quarantined files in Windows Defender?
If you are certain a quarantined file is not a threat, you can restore it.
- Open Windows Security.
- Select Virus & threat protection and then click Protection history.
- In the list of all recent items, filter on Quarantined Items.
- Select an item you want to keep, and take an action, such as restore.