- 1 How do I uninstall Symantec Antivirus?
- 2 How do I force uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection?
- 3 How can I remove Symantec endpoint protection without password?
- 4 How do I permanently disable Symantec Endpoint Protection?
- 5 How do I run Symantec Cleanwipe silently?
- 6 What is uninstall password for Symantec Antivirus?
- 7 How do I disable Symantec?
- 8 How do I remove a password protected program?
- 9 How do I stop Symantec blocking autorun?
- 10 How do I restart Symantec services?
- 11 How do I stop Sepmasterservice?
How do I uninstall Symantec Antivirus?
1, open the client user interface, then click Symantec Endpoint Protection > Uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection. You may be required to enter a password. In versions earlier than 14.0. 1 (14 RU1), click the Symantec Endpoint Protection client icon in the Menu bar, then click Uninstall.
How do I force uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection?
- Open the list of installed programs;
- Select Symantec Endpoint Protection;
- Click Delete;
- Accept the deletion;
- Follow the instructions;
- Reboot the computer.
How can I remove Symantec endpoint protection without password?
Try this TAKE A BACKUP of the
- Stop the SMC service.
- Delete the SmcInstData key located under HKLMSOFTWARE Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SMC
- Start the Symantec Endpoint Protection uninstall.
How do I permanently disable Symantec Endpoint Protection?
To turn off Symantec completely turn off all Symantec services. Open a CLI and navigate to the Prigram files Symantec Symantec (may be slightly different on your PC. and run “smc – stop ” with no quotes. The best solution is to exempt the folders/files.
How do I run Symantec Cleanwipe silently?
Open a command prompt and change directory to the CleanWipe app folder. Type the following command: RunCleanWipe ‐ silent.
What is uninstall password for Symantec Antivirus?
Look for “SmcInstData” at the right pane, right click on it and select Delete. Click Yes to confirm the registry key deletion. You can now uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection without being prompted to enter a password. Reset the Password to Uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection
How do I disable Symantec?
Symantec Endpoint Protection- Disabling and Enabling Instructions
- Navigate to the Start menu.
- In the search box type in Run or Win R.
- In the Run menu, type in “Smc -stop” and click Ok.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection should now be disabled.
How do I remove a password protected program?
Method 1: Uninstall Folder Password Protect via Programs and Features.
- a. Open Programs and Features.
- b. Look for Folder Password Protect in the list, click on it and then click Uninstall to initiate the uninstallation.
- a. Go to the installation folder of Folder Password Protect.
How do I stop Symantec blocking autorun?
Disabling the Autorun.inf Rule in the SEPM
- Login to the SEPM.
- Click Clients.
- Select the group your SEP client is in.
- Click the Policies tab (at the top)
- Open your Application and Device Control Policy.
- Click Application Control.
- Remove the checkmark from Block access to Autorun.inf [AC9]
- Click OK.
How do I restart Symantec services?
To stop and restart the Symantec Protection Engine service on Windows
- In the Windows Control Panel, click Administrative Tools.
- In the Administrative Tools window, click Services.
- In the list of services, right-click Symantec Protection Engine, and do one of the following steps: To stop the service. Click Stop.
How do I stop Sepmasterservice?
To stop the Symantec Management Client service manually from the Windows follow the below steps:
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- Type smc – stop.