- 1 How do I add antivirus exceptions?
- 2 How do I add games to my antivirus exception list?
- 3 How do you make Avast stop blocking a file?
- 4 How do I add a trusted site to Avast?
- 5 Why can’t I add exclusions?
- 6 How do I get Windows Defender exclusion?
- 7 How do I allow an app to use antivirus?
- 8 How do I add exceptions to McAfee?
- 9 Why does Avast block Google Chrome?
- 10 How do I stop Avast?
- 11 How do I add a steam exception to Avast?
- 12 How do I open Avast Virus Chest?
How do I add antivirus exceptions?
Excepting files and folders from scanning
- Open the Bitdefender interface.
- Access Protection on the left hand side menu.
- In the ANTIVIRUS pane, click Manage Exceptions.
- Click ADD AN EXCEPTION.
- Drag & drop the file/folder you want to exclude inside the search bar, under Exceptions options.
- Click OK.
How do I add games to my antivirus exception list?
Add an exclusion to Windows Security
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions.
- Select Add an exclusion, and then select from files, folders, file types, or process.
How do you make Avast stop blocking a file?
To unblock the program, open Avast and click on “Settings”. Paste the file path in the File path field. Click Add for the antivirus to exclude the program from the protection shields. Turn the Avast shields on after adding the file exclusion.
How do I add a trusted site to Avast?
How to Add a Trusted Site to Avast
- Open the “Start” menu. Click on “Control Panel,” choose “Network and Internet” and select “Internet Options” on the subsequent menus.
- Select the “Security” tab. Click on the ” Trusted sites ” icon and then press the button labeled ” Sites.” Type the URL of the website you want to add in the text box provided.
Why can’t I add exclusions?
Go to Settings and select Update & security. Click Windows Defender. Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion. Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.
How do I get Windows Defender exclusion?
How to prevent Windows Defender from scanning specific files
- Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click Virus & threat protection.
- Click the Virus & threat protection option.
- Under ” Exclusions,” click the Add or remove exclusions option.
- Click the Add an exclusion button.
How do I allow an app to use antivirus?
Select the “Start” button, then type “firewall“. Select the “Windows Defender Firewall” option. Choose the “ Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” option in the left pane.
How do I add exceptions to McAfee?
- Open your McAfee security software.
- Click PC Security.
- Click Real-Time Scanning.
- Click Excluded Files.
- Click Add file.
- Browse to, and select, the file that you want to exclude from Real-Time scanning.
- Repeat the process as needed to exclude multiple files from being scanned.
Why does Avast block Google Chrome?
Re: avast keeps blocking google chrome It isn’t blocking chrome, it is blocking access to what is considered a harmful page. Given the my. blueadvertise domain name it appears that it is inserting adverts into your pages that you browse.
How do I stop Avast?
Turn Off / Disable Avast Completely or Temporarily
- In you taskbar, on the right-hand side, locate the orange Avast icon (you might have to click the up-arrow to ‘Show hidden icons’
- Right-click on the orange Avast icon one you have located it.
- Hover over ‘ Avast shields control’ on the menu that pops up.
How do I add a steam exception to Avast?
The default location for Steam is (C:Program Files Steam ). If you installed Steam another directory, you can also browse to that. Once you have selected the Steam folder, click on ADD found at the bottom left side of the screen. Press OK and Steam is now added to global exceptions of Avast antivirus.
How do I open Avast Virus Chest?
To open the Virus Chest, right click on Avast’s little orange icon in the system tray in the bottom right hand corner of your computer. Select Virus Chest from the menu.