- 1 What does antivirus software do quizlet?
- 2 Which of the following is the best mode to use when scanning for viruses?
- 3 What are the symptoms of antivirus?
- 4 What software detects and removes viruses?
- 5 What must a client computer do to receive services from a server?
- 6 What does antivirus software do?
- 7 Which of the following is an example of spyware?
- 8 What is one thing you can do to protect your computer from viruses?
- 9 Which of the following is a common symptom of spyware?
- 10 What are the 3 types of viruses?
- 11 How can we prevent virus attacks?
- 12 What is the most common method of virus propagation?
- 13 What is the best rootkit removal tool?
- 14 What is the best malware removal tool?
- 15 What’s the best malware removal tool?
What does antivirus software do quizlet?
What does antivirus software do? It scans your computer to remove any viruses it finds.
Which of the following is the best mode to use when scanning for viruses?
A. Safe Mode should be used (if your AV software supports it) when scanning for viruses.
What are the symptoms of antivirus?
What are the signs of a computer virus?
- Frequent pop-up windows.
- Changes to your homepage.
- Mass emails being sent from your email account.
- Frequent crashes.
- Unusually slow computer performance.
- Unknown programs that start up when you turn on your computer.
- Unusual activities like password changes.
What software detects and removes viruses?
Antivirus software, or anti-virus software (abbreviated to AV software ), also known as anti- malware, is a computer program used to prevent, detect, and remove malware. Antivirus software was originally developed to detect and remove computer viruses, hence the name.
What must a client computer do to receive services from a server?
What must a client computer do to receive services from a server? It must request them.
What does antivirus software do?
Antivirus software constantly scans your computer for threats from emails, web surfing, and app and software downloads, to make sure everything you do and access online is free from potentially harmful code.
Which of the following is an example of spyware?
The best-known examples of spyware are the following: Zlob — or Zlob Trojan — downloads itself onto a computer and records keystrokes, as well as search and browsing history. Gator — commonly found in file sharing software — monitors victims’ web surfing habits in order to present them with better targeted ads.
What is one thing you can do to protect your computer from viruses?
Antivirus protection scans your files and your incoming email for viruses, and then deletes anything malicious. You must keep your antivirus software updated to cope with the latest “bugs” circulating the internet. Most antivirus software includes a feature to download updates automatically when you are online.
Which of the following is a common symptom of spyware?
Common Symptoms of Spyware If your computer is experiencing any of the following symptoms, you might have spyware: Difficulty logging into secure web sites like ICON and MyUI. Random advertisements that pop up on your computer. Unusual slowness of your system.
What are the 3 types of viruses?
List the types of viruses In biology. Based on their host, viruses can be classified into three types, namely, animal viruses, plant viruses, and bacteriophages.
How can we prevent virus attacks?
6 tips to avoid getting a virus on your devices from the internet
- Install antivirus software. If you want to avoid getting a virus on your devices from the internet, installing and running antivirus software is important.
- Be careful with email attachments.
- Patch your operating system and applications.
- Avoid questionable websites.
- Avoid pirated software.
- Backup your computer.
What is the most common method of virus propagation?
5 Most Common Ways To Get Computer Viruses
- Opening attachments or links from unknown or spoofed emails. note: shown above are two examples of how viruses can often appear as legitimate messages, but are designed to trick the computer user.
- Downloading software from malicious sites.
- Online Ads.
- Social media.
- Unpatched software.
What is the best rootkit removal tool?
It has a user-friendly graphical interface that is accessible for non-technical users.
- GMER. GMER is a rootkit scanner for experienced users.
- Kaspersky TDSSKiller.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit Beta.
- McAfee Rootkit Remover.
- Norton Power Eraser.
- Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
- Trend Micro Rootkit Buster.
What is the best malware removal tool?
The Best Malware Removal Software Available
- Norton 360. Norton 360 uses artificial intelligence as a part of its malware detection software engine.
- Kaspersky Antivirus.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Trend Micro Antivirus Plus Security.
What’s the best malware removal tool?
- Malwarebytes. The most effective free malware remover, with deep scans and daily updates.
- Avast Antivirus. Anti-malware protection and removal.
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
- Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security.
- F-Secure SAFE.
- Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition.
- Avira Free Security Suite.
- AVG AntiVirus Free.