- 1 What is OT in cyber security?
- 2 What is Endpoint Antivirus?
- 3 What is OT software?
- 4 What’s the difference between IT and OT?
- 5 Why is OT convergence?
- 6 Why is ot security important?
- 7 What is the difference between antivirus and endpoint protection?
- 8 What is the best endpoint protection?
- 9 What is Endpoint monitoring?
- 10 Is Scada an OT?
- 11 What are the common challenges in OT Security?
- 12 What are ot assets?
- 13 What do you know about information technology?
What is OT in cyber security?
Operational Technology ( OT ) is hardware and software that detects or causes a change through the direct monitoring and/or control of physical devices, processes and events in the enterprise, according to Gartner. OT is common in Industrial Control Systems (ICS) such as a SCADA System.
What is Endpoint Antivirus?
McAfee’s Endpoint Protection Platform offers a powerful suite of tools designed to protect your business against a wide variety of threats, from viruses to data exfiltration to zero-day and fileless threats. McAfee MVISION Mobile features on-device threat detection and protection for iOS ND Android mobile devices.
What is OT software?
Operational technology ( OT ) is hardware and software that detects or causes a change, through the direct monitoring and/or control of industrial equipment, assets, processes and events.
What’s the difference between IT and OT?
Information technology (IT) refers to anything related to computer technology, including hardware and software. The main difference between OT and IT devices is that OT devices control the physical world, while IT systems manage data.
Why is OT convergence?
IT/ OT convergence enables more direct control and more complete monitoring, with easier analysis of data from these complex systems, from anywhere in the world. This enables workers to do their jobs more efficiently and improves decision-making, as they have access to real-time insights that the data provides.
Why is ot security important?
OT Security is commonly used to protect Industrial Systems and networks from attacks. Operational Technology Security is used to protect and control critical infrastructures such as power stations, transportation networks and smart city appliances.
What is the difference between antivirus and endpoint protection?
Antivirus is just one facet of endpoint protection platforms. Endpoint security solutions cover your entire network and protect against different types of security attacks, while antivirus software covers a single endpoint and only detects and blocks malicious files.
What is the best endpoint protection?
Our EXCLUSIVE Avast business antivirus deal
- ESET PROTECT. A well-rounded endpoint security solution.
- Trend Micro Worry-Free Services Suites. A good endpoint security solution.
- Bitdefender GravityZone Advanced Business Security. Market leading detection rates at a bargain price.
- Panda WatchGuard Endpoint Security.
What is Endpoint monitoring?
In practical terms, endpoint monitoring is the collection, aggregation, and analysis of endpoint behaviours across an organisation’s environment to identify signs of malicious activity.
Is Scada an OT?
Operational Technology ( OT ) refers to computing systems that are used to manage industrial operations as opposed to administrative operations. Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition ( SCADA ) systems display the process under control and provide access to control functions.
What are the common challenges in OT Security?
What are the challenges for OT security?
- Lack of security awareness among OT staff.
- Lack of visibility into all of the OT systems on the manufacturing floor.
- Shared network infrastructure within the manufacturing floor between systems.
- Inability to address security issues by patching the OT systems.
What are ot assets?
An OT asset is a digital device that is part of an OT infrastructure. Devices can either be physical or virtualized. From a practical perspective, experience has shown that it is most efficient to identify OT assets with devices, while software, networks etc. are conceived as their configuration attributes.
What do you know about information technology?
Information technology is the study, design, development, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems—particularly software applications and computer hardware. IT workers help ensure that computers work well for people.