- 1 Is there any laptop without CD drive?
- 2 How do I install Norton Antivirus without a CD drive?
- 3 Do I really need antivirus on my laptop?
- 4 How do I install antivirus on Windows 10?
- 5 Why do laptops not have CD drives?
- 6 Do laptops have CD drives now?
- 7 How do I install drivers on a new computer without a CD drive?
- 8 How do I install an antivirus CD on my laptop?
- 9 Does Windows 10 need antivirus?
- 10 How do I install net protector?
- 11 Which Free Antivirus is best for laptop?
- 12 Is Free Antivirus enough?
Is there any laptop without CD drive?
Before CDs were standard in computers, laptops never had them, they had floppy drives instead. No MacBooks today have CD drives unless you buy a 2012 model, and even that can be removed and have a hard drive in a caddy put in its place. CD drives are not only unnecessary, they’re pretty much legacy devices today.
How do I install Norton Antivirus without a CD drive?
When the browser opens, go to the address bar and enter the web address of Norton antivirus and navigate to the setup page. When the Setup page opens in the browser, locate and click the Download button. Click the Agree button on the next page and proceed to click the Download button.
Do I really need antivirus on my laptop?
Overall, the answer is no, it’s money well spent. Depending on your operating system, adding antivirus protection beyond what’s built in ranges from a good idea to an absolute necessity. Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS all include protection against malware, in one way or another.
How do I install antivirus on Windows 10?
Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security and then Virus & threat protection > Manage settings. (In previous versions of Windows 10, select Virus & threat protection > Virus & threat protection settings.)
Why do laptops not have CD drives?
1 – Most music, movies and computer software is being delivered to the consumer over the Internet instead of on discs these days, making optical drives completely unnecessary for younger consumers who don’t own a library of optical media. You can still buy a laptop that does have an internal optical drive.
Do laptops have CD drives now?
Modern laptops — and even many modern desktop PCs — are dropping disc drives. If you still have discs with software, music, videos, or anything else on them, there are still ways to use them.
How do I install drivers on a new computer without a CD drive?
Simply download your ethernet/wifi driver to a USB if you don’t have a connection (this is rare since network drivers come with Windows installation, at least a generic driver that will get you on the internet). Once that is done, go to the manufacturers websites and download the latest version of your drivers.
How do I install an antivirus CD on my laptop?
Install the antivirus program
- If you purchased the antivirus program from a retail store, insert the CD or DVD into the computer’s disc drive.
- If you downloaded the antivirus program on the Internet, find the downloaded file on your computer.
Does Windows 10 need antivirus?
Namely that with Windows 10, you get protection by default in terms of Windows Defender. So that’s fine, and you don’t need to worry about downloading and installing a third-party antivirus, because Microsoft’s built-in app will be good enough. Right? Well, yes and no.
How do I install net protector?
To install Net Protector 2020 you can copy single file ‘InstallNP.exe’ to your C: or D: hard disk drive and then double click to Install.
- Stop Shield: Right Click Red Tray Icon of Zero-V Shield and click Exit.
- Delete Folder: C:Program Files Net Protector 2018.
- Windows Installer MSI Cleanup: Run the file from your CD:
Which Free Antivirus is best for laptop?
- Avast Free Antivirus.
- AVG AntiVirus FREE.
- Avira Antivirus.
- Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition.
- Kaspersky Security Cloud Free.
- Microsoft Windows Defender.
- Sophos Home Free.
Is Free Antivirus enough?
If you’re talking strictly antivirus, then typically no. It’s not common practice for companies to give you weaker protection in their free versions. In most cases, the free antivirus protection is just as good as their pay-for version.