- 1 What do I do if Avast finds infected files?
- 2 How do I restore Avast quarantined files?
- 3 Where does Avast put deleted files?
- 4 How do I restore Avast Virus Chest?
- 5 Is Avast good antivirus?
- 6 How do I stop Avast from deleting files?
- 7 How do I stop Avast?
- 8 How do I recover a deleted EXE file?
- 9 What is Avast Virus Chest?
What do I do if Avast finds infected files?
If Avast 2015 detects an infected or suspicious file, it will try to repair it at first. Unfortunately, some files cannot be repaired so Avast will try to move the file to the Virus Chest. If the infected file refuses to move to the Virus Chest, it will be automatically deleted from your computer.
How do I restore Avast quarantined files?
Right click on the avast tray icon, select Virus Chest. You can now see the files contained there, they can be restored from the chest, but obviously if they were considered malicious, they would be detected again and but back in the virus chest.
Where does Avast put deleted files?
Whenever a file is deleted on Windows, it goes to the Recycle Bin folder. From this system folder, you can recover your deleted data. So, the Recycle Bin is the first place you would check if Avast deleted your.exe files.
How do I restore Avast Virus Chest?
If you run a predefined Avast Antivirus scan and it detects a suspicious file. Restore files from the Virus Chest
- Tick the box next to the relevant file in Virus Chest.
- Click the … (three dots) icon, then select Restore.
- Click Close in the confirmation dialog that appears.
Is Avast good antivirus?
Avast for Android is among the safest antiviruses for Android devices. It scored a perfect 6 points in all recent AV -Test trials. It consistently outscored many of its direct competitors, which cemented Avast’s mastery of mobile security.
How do I stop Avast from deleting files?
Add an exception
- Open Avast Antivirus and go to ☰ Menu ▸ Settings.
- Select General ▸ Exceptions.
- Click Add Exception.
- Add an exception in one of the following ways: Type the specific file path, folder path, or URL into the text box, then click Add Exception.
How do I stop Avast?
Turn Off / Disable Avast Completely or Temporarily
- In you taskbar, on the right-hand side, locate the orange Avast icon (you might have to click the up-arrow to ‘Show hidden icons’
- Right-click on the orange Avast icon one you have located it.
- Hover over ‘ Avast shields control’ on the menu that pops up.
How do I recover a deleted EXE file?
Open This PC/Computer. Locate the folder where you used to save the deleted. exe files. Right-click the folder and choose to ” Restore previous versions”. Select the versions that you need and click ” Restore “.
What is Avast Virus Chest?
The Virus Chest is an isolated space where you can safely store potentially dangerous files or send them to the Avast Threat Lab for analysis. Files in the Virus Chest cannot run or access your system and data, so any malicious code contained within a file is unable to harm your PC.